Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Tutu and Matching Onesie!

So my mother has been buying Ballerina a ton of tutus with matching bows and onesies. I know she's spending a fortune so I decided to help her budget a bit and make my own. I went to Walmart (the place of torture and doom with bargaining prices strategically placed) bought a pack of plain white onesies, found some iron-ons that were too cute to pass up, and used some tulle and ribbon I had on hand.


I love the way it turned out. Ballerina was snoozing when I finished so I couldn't put it on her and then before she woke, a friend of mine stopped by and ended up falling in love with the whole thing. She bought it for her baby girl Zara for $25. Seriously! She gave me $25 for an outfit that honestly couldn't have cost me more than about $4 to make. I wasn't complaining but Wow! And now, I need to make another one for Ballerina. haha!

**I entered this little craft in Polka Dots on Parade: Wow Me Wednesday #11,Tatertots & Jello, and Smilemonsters So excited!! **
Carole

3 comments:

Suze said...

This is way cute...I love the whole outfit :)

Irum said...

Its looking amazing..... luv it.

D+B said...

Love your blog!! I am your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for.the.luv.of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...