Saturday, January 5, 2013

The $5.00 Bill Challenge

Please allow me to introduce you a friend of mine...
This is my good buddy President Lincoln.
2013 is the start of a new budgeting time for my family
and myself.

Recently I found this idea on Pinterest. It's called the $5.00 Bill Challenge. What this means is that for the entire year of 2013, my husband and I will save all the $5.00 bills that pass through our hands. We will put forth a valiant effort to not spend or break any $5.00 bill. Instead we will be putting it away for safe keeping.

I'm thinking we'll probably open a savings account in a different bank than the one we mainly use. This may keep us from dipping into the challenge. At the end of 2013, we're going to see how much money we have accumulated in the 12 months.

As of today, we have a total of $15.00 saved. I know that looks like a puny amount but that's the number of $5.00 bills that we've had in our wallets so far. I am looking forward to seeing that number grow.

What about you? Have you made any budgeting resolutions? Any new plans to save money or decrease debt? Let me know. I can always use new ideas to save a buck or two.

Stay Awesome!!
Carole


UPDATE: It has been a week since I last posted about my $5.00 bill challenge and I'm happy to report that in one week, we're up to $55.00. It's a nice little save in only a week's time. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this trick! I think I may use it! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...