Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 2 - Paddle Boats & Ice Fun

Day 2 of the Summer 2011

Today has been a very good day. This afternoon we managed to purchase a paddle boat, 2 kayak boards, and a kiddie kayak for $200.00 at an auction! Yay for good deals! My kids had the best time looking over our loot and picking which one was their favorite.

I love the second pic. Bulldozer was in the middle of saying "Please" as in "Please take me to the lake". LOL! Too cute!

In addition to getting some awesome lake toys, we did a little ice excavating. I got the idea from a wonderful post found here. I had the kids put some of their little toys in some pie pans, filled them with water, and put them in the freezer over night. Today, it was 104 degrees outside so it was the perfect temp for an ice activity. I dumped the icy toys out onto the back porch, gave the kids tools to use, and let them rescue their toys.


Due to the intense heat, it didn't take long to rescue the toys but they had a great time doing it. Afterwards, they enjoyed their success with popsicles! YAY!!!


Carole

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...