Monday, July 11, 2011

DIY Headband Holders

My girls have a lot of hair accessories. Between the three of them, I bet we have about 200 hair items. I made bow boards for their bows with clips a few months back but that left me with a ton of headbands and elastics stuffed in a drawer. Not to mention the bundles of crotched baby headbands that Ballerina wears. Well I decided to make my husband's day and do something about it.

I took a Quaker oatmeal can and a Countrytime lemonade can and covered it with Mod Podge and some brightly colored scrapbook paper. I added coordinating ribbon to the top and bottom of the can for some added flare.
I made the yellow can for my mother. She has short hair but wears headbands often. For now she has her headbands overflowing in a wicker basket on her vanity. I think she'll love it.


I added a few of our headbands to get a good measure and have found out that I may need to make two more. Yes! We have that many headbands.









The inside of the can is perfect for Ballerina's crotched bands. I am loving this so much and it looks so adorable sitting on my vanity!!

post signature

10 comments:

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

What a great idea! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional party going on now. There is a really great giveaway going on with it. I hope to see you soon! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-linky-party-and.html
~Macy

Ashley said...

o goodness I LOVE this! thanks for sharing:) im so doing this!!!
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

awesome idea! so doing this tomorrow and i have the same yellow circles ribbon too. =)

LOCKED said...

I really2 love big ornament headband ( i dunno how to call it xD) and the ornament tend to become loose due to the glue has worn off . I usually put it in a box or drawer and that cause it too become loose . so thanks to you I can put my headband away easily without worrying about it ! :D

Abby said...

Love this! Very cute and practical. I love your blog!

Your newest follower,
Abby
i---create
(come take a look if you like)

Jennifer said...

So, so cute (and creative)!!! Thanks for linking this up at Saturday Social!

xoxo

Jenn

Daffy's Dream said...

Brilliant idea and good way to organize things. I saw you at Dittle dattle and you got a new follower

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

This is adorable! Loving it :) We would love to have you share this with our readers at our link up party. We have one every Tuesday, and one on Sunday! Hope to see you there :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing it. I'll be adding this to my list of things to make too! :)

http://theoldsimplelife.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing. This will for sure make its way to my to do list soon! :)

http://theoldsimplelife.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...