Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TP Art

I saw various toilet paper artwork throughout the web. I was intrigued and excited to try it myself. This was the easiest and most earth-friendly artwork I have ever done.

Materials: Blank canvas, 7 empty toilet paper rolls, and a glue gun.

First, I cut the toilet paper rolls. I smashed the toilet paper rolls flat and cut them into equal pieces. After that I put the canvas on the table and laid out my flowers exactly how I wanted them. Once I got them set, I hot glued the flower petals together and laid them to dry. Then I glued them to the canvas. The great thing about hot gluing on canvas is that when I get tired of this particular artwork, the glue can be pealed off the canvas if done carefully.

After that I began spray painting the entire artwork. I used Krylon satin white spray paint. Not much to that. And it looks pretty good hanging on my dining room wall.

post signature


Kelli said...

Too cute! I've been saving my tp rolls for something like this too. I like how quick and simple yours is while still making an impact. Great job!

Jennifer said...

Well - you learn something new every day!! I have also been saving my tp rolls - I see a new project on the horizon!!


Jenn @ Social Salutations

Six Sisters said...

I can't believe that these are TP rolls!!! They look awesome!! You are so creative! :) Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday- we would LOVE to have you come back tomorrow and link up more of your great posts!
-The Six Sisters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...