Sunday, August 14, 2011

Italian Sausage and Peppers

I love cooking a quick meal for the family! I love not spending a huge amount of time on dinner and still have it turn out fabulous!! This recipe is one that fits the above description beautifully! Italian sausage with bell peppers!

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who is married to an Italian man and has 4 hungry teenagers to feed. It is by far the simplest and yummiest meal!

Ingredients:
Bell Peppers (I used 1 red, 1 yellow, and 2 orange), 1 yellow onion (I only used half), 2 packages of spicy Italian sausage links, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, and a pinch of kosher salt.

Directions:
Slice sausage links into cylindrical coins, place in bowl with diced onion, and toss with the minced garlic. Set aside.

Remove seeds from peppers and slice into thin strips. Set to the side also.

In a large pan, cook the sausage/onion mixture over Med-High heat until the sausages are slightly browned and their juices have coated the bottom of the pan. Remove the sausage/onion mixture from pan and add the peppers. This cooks the peppers in the sausage sauce. This is usually where I add the kosher salt. Cook until peppers are slightly limp. Add the sausage/onion mixture and cover. Allow all of this to cook together, stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes depending on your stove top.

Finally remove from heat and drain. Place in serving bowl and enjoy! We usually add fresh grated Parmesan cheese before diving in but we're a cheese-loving family!

Today I added this recipe as our bread, Parmesan Knots from Chef in Training. They were a huge hit and if you haven't checked out her blog, you must. It's awesome!!

post signature

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi friend! You won a giveaway over at my blog. Email me Lindslee00@gmail.com

extreme personal measures said...

I love sausage and peppers!


Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!

http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/2011/08/whats-your-favorite-cookbook.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...