Saturday, February 16, 2013

Morning Smoothie





Okay, I have been requested by some friends and family to post my "Mean & Green" morning smoothie recipe. I actually found a recipe on Pinterest that was eerily similar. I mean, super duper similar!! I think it's great that others have the same idea I have to stay healthy but not at the expense of flavor.

Mean & Green Morning Smoothie

Ingredients:

1/2 Banana
1/4 cup Orange Juice
Small handful of Baby Spinach Leaves
2 dollups of Greek Yogurt (I prefer the Vanilla & Honey flavored)
3 piece of frozen Peaches (sliced)
Small handful of frozen & diced Mangoes & Pineapples

Place into blender and blend like crazy. You can add some more OJ if you prefer it to be thinner but I like mine on the thick side. It's your choice. Also, I have added frozen strawberries and other fruits occasionally and it always turns out great. Get crazy with it but don't forget the Greek yogurt and spinach leaves. Those are essential in my opinion!

I'm also posting the picture I found on Pinterest if you want to save it.

It's very close to what I do. I have a smoothie every morning and one in the late afternoon on the weekends. It's yummy and it makes me feel good knowing I'm staying healthy.

Stay Awesome!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! As I am *literally* sitting here drinking my green smoothie, I came across your blog through The Small Things Blog (one of my favorites!). Weird! I am also a grad student (English!) and a writer and a mom - wow! You and I have lots in common. I'm just getting started in this whole blog thing, but I am loving the community of people!
My favorite smoothie recipe is:
1 banana
2 cups of spinach
4 or 5 strawberries
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
few handfuls of ice

I have never tried frozen peaches though!

Caio!
Naomi
neuroticnaomi.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...