Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

So I am officially finished with Finals and have completed this semester with straight A's!!! Woot! Tonight I finished putting together the teacher appreciation gifts for Sugar & Peanut to take to school tomorrow. I realize it's the end of Teacher Appreciation Week but at least I got them done during the same week. That's quite an accomplishment considering all the testing I've been doing.

In honor of Earth day (still...) I decided to make the gifts out of recycled products. I used the bottoms of Dr. Pepper bottles and cut "leaves" out of the side of the bottles. Then I sprayed them with red and green spray paint made especially for plastics.


After they dried, I hot glued the leaves on top of one of the bottle bottoms and added some green beads to the very top for asthetic purposes.

Then I added some red tissue paper and candy. I suggested Smarties to my kids to show how "smart" they have become thanks to their teachers.

And finally I put the bottle bottoms togethers and.....TA-DA!!!

I got this whole idea from a website I happened across one day but I can't for the life of me find it again to post a link. GRR!! But anyways, Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!!!

Carole

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...