Saturday, July 16, 2011

Necklace Holder

My family reunion is the upcoming weekend. Yay! A whole weekend of family bonding, kayaking at the lake, smores at the cabin, and yummy food. During our family reunion, we hold an annual auction. This auction is usually made up of homemade goodies or family heirlooms. The purpose of the auction is to fund the reunion f or the next year. Normally, I make turn in a canvas art piece as my auction item.

This year I made something cute and functional.
Many of my family members are stylish females. I figured since I've seen them wearing necklaces often, I'd make something for them to hang them on.

First, I took a basic wooden plaque from Hobby Lobby and painted it black.

Then I used my trusty Mod Podge and some scrapbook paper to make it look awesome. I added silver lettering and Mod Podged gloss over the top.

Then I stole my husband's electric screwdriver and screwed on the two coat hangers.

I love the way it turned out! It looks so cool! I was so excited that I decided to make one for my own bathroom vanity. Tee-Hee!!

Hope you like it! Stay awesome and craft on!!
post signature

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very very cute! I make (and buy) so many necklaces, and you know where they are? In a big heap on my bathroom vanity. I need one of these - thanks for the inspiration!!

xoxo

Jenn @ Social Salutations

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Very cute and clever! I'm always looking for ideas to keep the necklaces from getting tangled. I'm a new follower and would love to have you follow back!
CAS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...