Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cow Rattle

So I am obsessed with socks. I love to wear crazy colored socks all the time because my idea is that no matter how crappy my day is, I can always think about how my socks don't match anything else that I'm wearing and it makes me smile. It's like my dirty little secret. :) So anyways, that being said I always buy new socks so I've decided to start recycling my older ones.

Last year, my mother (knowing my obsession with socks) bought me some bizarre socks with animals on them. Well, although they were cute, they were too narrow for my big old feet so I decided to try recycling them.

I took the cow sock (Yes. I actually said COW SOCK.) and I cut it off about half way. I added a plastic Easter egg with beads (taped securely) and put it in the toe of the sock, added the rest of the sock as stuffing, and sewed it shut, added little ribbons to the top for flare.


And TA-DA!!! Ballerina has a cute cow rattle!!

**This was placed on Social Saltuation: Saturday Social **

Carole

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh how stinkin' cute!! The rattle AND the baby!! Thanks so much for linking up today! This is a great idea!

- Jenn @ Social Salutations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...