Okay for the recipe...quick and easy!
Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon of basil, 2 cups of Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped), 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 loaf of French baguette, and salt & pepper to taste.
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, & pepper. Set aside.
3. Combine olive oil and garlic in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
4. Cut the bread into slightly angled 1/4 inch pieces. Brush with olive oil-garlic mixture and place on baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes of until golden brown.
5. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from tomatoes. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices and Enjoy!