Thursday, April 14, 2011

Discarded Treasures

I live in a town that has "bulk pick up" four times a year. This means that if you have any big items or excess boxes, ect. then you can put these things on the curb during these four particular times and the city will send people around to pick up those things. (We have city trash cans and can only fill those during the normal trash days.)

Well I am my daddy's girl and I have a habit of looking at one thing and seeing its potential in turning it into another thing and often, I drive around during the "bulk pick up" time and see if something useful is out there. This time, I hit the jackpot!! I found two items on the side of the road just ripe for the picking.
This is a wonderful four drawer dresser made of wood that was just abandoned. I'm loving it!! But, it needs obvious work...

But I think with a little time and effort, I can make it look terrific. This is my summer project and it's a work in progress. I'll post updated pictures as time goes on.

Now the other little treasured piece of discard that I found was......drum roll please.....

A sewing desk!!!!! I could not be more excited about this thing's potential!!! Again, it is a work in progress and I'll update as I go along!

Carole

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wish I could fix things up! :-( I still need a changing table dresser! GAH! We HAVE to go garage selling sometime in the next few weeks for the next few months LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...